Solved

Analyzing Customer Behavior Patterns Based on Signup Events

• 16 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello Community,

I'm working with a customer dataset and facing a challenge in segmenting and analyzing the data. I’ve created a segment where the user's 'identity' is included in a file.

My goal is to identify common behavioral patterns among all customers, particularly focusing on their journey leading to a specific event, such as signing up.

Could you please guide me on how to filter the data based on the timestamp of a specific event, like the signup date?

I'm particularly interested in understanding how to isolate this event and analyze the paths customers took leading up to it.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Shubham Singh 5 February 2024, 16:13

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Djon,

To identify common behavioral patterns among all customers, with a specific focus on their journey leading to a specific "Sign up" event, you can simply create a user journey report. In the first criteria, set the report as "Completed" instead of "Started," and add the signup event as a final event. Set the date range according to your analysis. This report will provide you with insights into the paths taken in the user journey leading to a successful signup. I'm sharing a snapshot illustrating how to set the criteria:

Additionally, as you want to filter the customer dataset based on the signup date, for that, in the analysis, you can add a filter 'Users who have done', include the sign-up event, and group it by a custom date using the 'between' operator and set specific dates. By using the same method, you can also define a segment. This will help identify the user journey before and after any specific signup dates. I'm sharing a screenshot of the filter to illustrate how to set it up:

Hope this helps! Please do share whether this solution worked for you or not.