Solved

Help with a chart: link users clicked to get to a particular path

• 17 September 2023
  • 2 replies

We have a “Coming Soon” page on our site. It’s a simple redirect. We don’t point links to that page; we just point them to where they’re supposed to go, and we redirect that page to the Coming Soon page, using a _redirects file.

I’m seeing more views of that page than I’d expect.

What I’d love to know is what links were people clicking on, and from where, that they’re landing on it?

I’m not on a paid account to yoink the data into Snowflake or Redshift and query away. I feel like that would make this quite easy; it’s what I’ve done when I was inside a larger company using Heap.

Buuuuuuuuut is there a way to just do it in a chart on the Heap site?

icon

Best answer by Upasna 19 September 2023, 20:16

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Benjamia,

I hope you're doing well! To answer your question, we have two methods to achieve this.

1.  The first method involves creating a journey chart with "Coming Soon Pageview" as the last event and then changing it to the top drop down option to “completed event” . When you click on the "Add" button, you will obtain insights into user interactions as well as the previous page. I've attached a screenshot for your reference.

2. The second method is to create a report based on the "Pageview" of the "Coming Soon" page and group it by the previous page property. I've also attached a screenshot for your reference.
    A reference of report look alike 

​​

Do let me know if you have any questions, Thanks!

Hi Benjamia,

I hope you're doing well! To answer your question, we have two methods to achieve this.

1.  The first method involves creating a journey chart with "Coming Soon Pageview" as the last event and then changing it to the top drop down option to “completed event” . When you click on the "Add" button, you will obtain insights into user interactions as well as the previous page. I've attached a screenshot for your reference.

2. The second method is to create a report based on the "Pageview" of the "Coming Soon" page and group it by the previous page property. I've also attached a screenshot for your reference.
    A reference of report look alike 

​​

Do let me know if you have any questions, Thanks!

Thank you @Upasna !

This is helpful! However, an interesting aspect here is that the user does not actually view the page before it… they are redirected from that page to the Coming Soon page. So I can’t go by pageviews. I need to instead see what they clicked last before landing on that page.

Is there a way to do that?

And thank you again!