Solved

Help with Shopify Order Data

• 26 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone, I have a question that may seem really basic, but cannot seem to figure out at the moment. Please bear with me as I am just making the jump to Heap from the dumpster fire that is GA4.

So, I have a Shopify Store, and I am trying to get data such as order confirmed etc, from Shopify to Heap. I installed the app, and it connected, but it is then asking me to “Select a property to match users between Shopify and Heap”. Now, do I have to go through this aspect of setting up the API? 

icon

Best answer by Rohin-Heap 12 July 2023, 18:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi,

In order to match data between Heap and Shopify source, it is important to have email addresses associated with your users in Heap. This can be achieved by setting the email property as the identity or using a custom user property in Heap.

If you are not currently sending email addresses to Heap, you will need to utilize Heap's APIs to do so. Use these links to learn more about attaching email data to users using Heap's identify API or addUserProperties API to ensure seamless integration between Heap and Shopify.

If there is PII issue with sharing Email to Heap, then you may use the Heap’s Client Side API to track the purchases. Use this link to learn more: https://developers.heap.io/docs/tracking-purchases-in-heap

Hope this helps!

Hi, any idea on how the API can be integrated through Shopify?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello Josh,

It depends on your Shopify Store Setup. If you have access to the theme.liquid files you can implement them there. If you don’t you can add the Heap API code through the Shopify Web Pixels. - https://shopify.dev/docs/apps/marketing/pixels

The join key is needed because Shopify has all of their data attached to an email address and so to measure the client-side interactions with purchasing behavior Heap also needs to know the Email Address of the User.  Once that join is created you’ll see the Shopify Data Attached to the user.