Solved

Weekends

• 10 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there a way to filter out weekends from charts, especially usage over time charts?

For context, I’m at a b2b saas company and we have nearly zero usage on the weekends, understandably for our customers, so we’d love to exclude it from our charts. Currently, we have a lot of charts that look like the below and we’d prefer them to look a little nicer and be more useful by excluding all the weekend dropoffs. We can certainly export and remove it ourselves, but that just seems unreasonable considering we’d be doing this for 40 to 60 charts.

Is there an existing easy way to do this in Heap that I just haven’t come across yet?

For comparison, here’s that same middle chart if you export and remove the weekends.

icon

Best answer by jonathan 10 April 2023, 23:39

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

This isn’t currently supported but I’ll pass the feedback along to our product team.   

Userlevel 1

Thanks so much for the reply, @jonathan, and for passing it along to the product team. From one product team and saas company to another,

Userlevel 1

@jonathan first suggestion would ideally be something super simple like a little checkbox or toggle to ‘exclude weekends’ or ‘only business days’ or ‘only weekdays’.

And maybe flavors of implementation:

• Could be an option on individual charts
  • And/or a global attribute that is enabled/disabled for all charts
Badge

I thought about filtering out weekends from our data, as we’re also B2B SAAS, and 99% of usage is Mon-Friday. However we do have some international users, and depending on their time zone I wasn’t sure where their Friday would slip into our Saturday, if that makes sense? Also, we sometimes have the occasional architect who is clearly working late on a weekend and logs into our product, so it’s interesting to see!

Hi - is there still no way to remove weekends from graphs when looking at usage over time? The graphs are very hard to read over a longer period of time with all the sharp spikes for weekends?